Get up to 20% off your shopping
How it works
Enhanced Colleague Discount - Get 20% off your Food Shop every day until Saturday 27th January 2024.
As a Midcounties colleague, you can now take advantage of your enhanced colleague right through the year!
We know that the increased cost of living is affecting everyone, so alongside our usual customer and member offers that can be found here, this additional 20% off is a little extra to help you save even more on your food shop.
Shop in your local Midcounties Food Store any time up until Saturday 27th January 2024 and you’ll automatically receive the 20% enhanced discount on your shopping when you scan your colleague membership card! So, pop in-store today and continue to save!
How to claim it
Just use your colleague member card at the checkout when you shop and your discount will be applied. (Welsh stores – Sales of Alcohol will not attract any colleague discount and we must legally charge customers the minimum unit price). If you do not have a colleague member card then please contact the Benefits Team - firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Employee number.
Where can you claim your discount?
Your local Midcounties Co-operative Food store is not the only Co-op where you can use your colleague member card. We know that there are a number of colleagues that do not live near a Midcounties Food store and therefore as part of a wider agreement with other selected Societies, you can also claim a standard discount of 10% when shopping with other co-operative societies who are part of FRTS: The Co-operative Group, Central England Co-operative, The Southern Co-operative and East of England Co-operative. Midcounties colleagues can also enjoy these discounts when shopping in the other societies listed.
The discount rate you will receive will match the rate that each specific Society gives to their colleagues. For example, if The Southern Co-operative are giving their colleagues, 10%, then if you shop in one of their stores you will also get a 10% discount.
To see if your local store is a Midcounties Co-operative store, use our store locator here.
Terms & Conditions
Enhanced Pay Day Discount – Get 20% off your Food Shop
Terms and conditions apply – *20% discount available in Midcounties Co-operative Food Stores only. This enhanced level of discount replaces the standard 10% colleague discount ((£1 minimum spend) and 15% off when you spend £30 or more for the stated duration). Discount excludes cigarettes, tobacco, mobile phone top up cards, savings stamps, first stage baby milk products, lottery, in-store concessions, Paypoint and fuel. No alternative offer given. You must present your Midcounties Colleague Membership card during the discount. Colleague Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other Midcounties Co-operative money off coupon on the sale of alcohol.
Colleague Discount Card T&C's
Terms and conditions of colleague discount
1. The minimum purchase required to use your colleague member card is £1 in all groups to obtain a
discount. Please note that some business groups may operate different minimum spend thresholds
before you start earning points.
2. You may not be able to use your colleague member card on certain purchases, promotions, and
events at the Society’s discretion.
3. Purchases may only be made by: you as the cardholder for the use of your immediate dependent
family living at the same address as you. For the purposes of card use, immediate dependent family
is defined as spouse/partner, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren and they
must be living at the same address as is detailed on personnel records as your home address.
Purchases can also be made for eligible relatives whose permanent address is the same as yours,
but are temporarily away from home, for example students, armed forces. Extended arrangements
apply to the Funeral group (as outlined in the discount details section).
4. You must be the only person to use your colleague member card and it must be presented at every
purchase in order for you to receive discounts or benefits
5. You must not use the card to make purchases to support any business or business activity other
than The Midcounties Co-operative. This includes purchasing goods to be used in the running of a
business or to resell onto a third party.
6. You must not give your card or number to anyone else; this also applies to additional cardholders.
7. You must sign the colleague member card immediately upon receipt and, if you lose it, report this to
the Membership team straight away.
8. Your colleague member card remains the property of the Society.
9. We will withdraw your colleague member card and will take disciplinary action if there is any abuse
of the scheme by you or your additional cardholder.
10. We may, at any time, issue a written notification to you, suspending, or terminating your right to
make any further purchases under the scheme. In such circumstances, you will be advised what you
must do with your colleague member card.
11. The Society reserves the right at all times to vary these conditions without individual notice or to
withdraw the scheme.
12. By applying for an additional card, you are confirming that the additional cardholder lives at the
same address as you and the additional cardholder is your immediate relative, partner, or carer. You
are also responsible for the correct use of the additional card. If the additional cardholder no longer
lives at the same address as you, it is your responsibility to ensure that they stop using the card
immediately and that it is returned to your manager for cancellation.
13. If you leave employment with The Midcounties Co-operative you will still be entitled to retain your
card however you will not earn discount for transactions, only membership points on qualifying