Competition! Help our Pollinators & ‘Bee’ part of our Honey Production
This article will take approximately 2 minutes to read
Published 21 Jul 2021 in Raising Awareness
Did you know that without the tireless work of our little buzzing friends, over a third of everything we eat would disappear from our tables? We are calling on our colleagues to help our pollinators and ‘bee’ part of our Honey Production.
Did you know we produce a batch of our very own yummy honey at Warwick Support Office?
Well in preparation for this, we’ll need the support of one lucky colleague to join the Bee team in extracting the honey ready for harvest on 20th August.
All you have to do is name the new queen that hatched recently replacing the old queen Bee ‘Georgia’. The new Bee will need a new name beginning with the letter 'G', so we need your help to name the new queen bee!
The competition closes on 11th August 2021. Terms and conditions are below.
Can't attend the harvest? Don't worry we have a jar of honey as a prize too!🍯
Midcounties Honey Production Competition
Terms and Conditions
How to participate;
1. To take part and have a chance of winning, entrants must complete the form on Colleagues Connect.
You must provide:
- Full name
- Contact number
- Bee Name
2. All entries received prior to the closing date will be valid. The winner will be selected at random and contacted after 11th August 2021.
3. Internet access required.
4. This prize draw is open only to The Midcounties Co-operative Colleagues. This competition is not open to anyone outside of the society or their families, agents or anyone else connected.
5. Corporate Communications or and anyone connected with the administration of this competition, are not eligible to enter.
6. Colleagues Connect is not liable for entries that are not received, or which are incomplete, corrupt or delayed for any reason. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
7. Only one correct entry per person will be accepted. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
Opening and Closing Dates;
8. Competition prize draw opens on 21/07/21 at 13.00pm and closes at 23:59pm on 11/08/21.
9. There will be one winner selected from all valid entries and if the winner is not able to attend then they will receive a pot of honey as an alternative.
10. The colleague must be available on the day along with their own transport to Hurst Farm, Crackley Lane, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2JW from 9:30am – 3:30pm. We are hiring this facility from the Warwick and Leamington Beekeepers Association and the unit is a shipping container. We regret that the facility does not have disabled access and does not have toilet facilities.
11.The alternative winner's prizes will be delivered to the provided colleague address.
12. The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
13. The winner will receive their prize within 28 days of notification. The result of the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners. Colleagues Connect are not responsible if a winner does not receive notification or delivery of their prize as a result of having provided incorrect/incomplete details when requested following notification.
14. Colleagues Connect will not offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, Colleagues Connect reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition without prior notice.
15. The winner will be notified prior to the event on 20/08/2021.
16. In the event that contact cannot be made with a winner by (16/08/21, 10.00am) then a new winner will be selected from other remaining entries and the original winner will forfeit the prize.
17. The winner will be selected in an independent random draw from all valid entries received after the competition closes.
18. Colleagues Connect may collect personal information from Entrants under the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable data privacy laws. The Promoter will only use Entrants' information for the purposes of the administration of this promotion. View our data protection policy here.
19. Colleagues Connect reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify from the prize draw any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise in our opinion fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly.
20. Colleagues Connect cannot accept liability for any system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
21. The Colleagues Connect decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions).
22. Entry to the competition shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them.
23. During the competition, the winner agrees to photography and filming, to be used in the public domain.
Corporate Communications, Colleagues Connect, The Midcounties Co-operative, Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6DA
Send in your pictures & Share your support for our Pollinators! 📷
Help our Pollinators and share it with us by sending in your colleague pictures to email@example.com. This could be images of your wildflowers in bloom or just your gardens helping to keep our pollinators working! You can also share them via social media on Twitter here or Facebook here.
Want to find out more? Join the Meet the Beekeeper Event – 26th July
Take a look inside our head office beehives and find out what it takes to run our onsite apiary by joining this un-bee-lievable member event. The session will cover three main topics: Honey Bees & Humans, Meet the Bees & How You Can Help
For more information and how to book your place click here.